Useful information for the participants of the 3rd Pleven Friendship Marathon and National Half-marathon Championship on 22 May 2016
1. Venue – central square of Pleven oposite to the Mausoleum.
2. Agenda http://plevenmarathon.com/
20 May (Saturday):
- 10.00 – 17.00 – goodye bags and bib numbers delivery in the Children’s Center (at the start of the city park and 100m from the marathon EXPO zone) against ID
- 10.00 – 17.00 – on-site registration if bib numbers are available
- 12:00 – the expo area opens for visitors (it will remain open on race day as well)
- 17.00 – technical conference – „Katya Popova” hall, “Vazrajdane” Sq.4 (next to the Marathon’s expo area)
- 18.00 – pasta party – „Katya Popova” hall, “Vazrajdane” Sq.4
21 May (Sunday):
- 7.00 – 8.00 – goodye bags and bib numbers delivery in the Children’s Center
- 7.00 – 8.00 – delivery of the personal energy products for the race to the organisers in the Children’s Center
- 8.00 – transportation of 2nd post relay particpants to the 10.5km post located in Kaylaka park. The bus for transortation of the finished 1st post participants back to the city is leaving from the 10.5km post at 10.30 sharp.
- 9.00 – start of the the long distances: marathon, half-marathon and relay
- 9.05 – start of 3km Fun Run
- 09.30 – Kids’ Race (at the start/finish line – in front of the Mausoleum)
- 10.30 – award ceremony for 3km Fun Run and Kids’ Race
- 14.00 – award ceremony of the marathon and raffle.
- Marathon – 2 laps and 4 turnaround points: after the wooden bridge over Vit river (~7km), the dam (~23км), the start of Kaylaka park (~28км) and again the dam (~34км). NB!!! Pease mind the 1st split of the route between 42.2km and 21.1km – on approximately the 2.5km after the start KEEP RIGHT AND STRAIGHT after the turnaround point for the half-marathon. NB!!! Pease mind the 2nd split of the route between 42.2km and 21.1km – on approximately the 28km at the start of Kaylaka park KEEP LEFT and back in the park for your 2nd lap.
- half-marathon – one lap with 2 turnaround points: at 2.5км after the start and the dam (~13км). NB!!! Pease mind the 1st split of the route between 42.2km and 21.1km – on approximately the 2.5km after the start KEEP LEFT AND TURNAROUND at the indicated point back to the city. NB!!! Pease mind the 2nd split of the route between 42.2km and 21.1km on approximately the 19km at the start of Kaylaka park – KEEP RIGHT and out of the park to the city.
- 3км Fun Run – 3 laps of the mauseleum – please strictly follow the signs
- Kids’ Race – in the city park (50m from the Marathon EXPO zone) between the fountain and the concert stage
- up to 7 years – one lap
- from 7 up to 12 years – 2 laps.
3. Refreshment points – indicated on the maps
- refreshment points (water, GU electrolytes, fruits, sweet and savoury snacks) – each 5km indicated on the maps
- beverages (water) – on each turnaround point
4. Personal energy products:
- they should be provided to the organisers not later than 8.00 on Sunday in the Marathon office in the Childrens’ Center. They shall be clearly marked with the bib number and kilometer (for half-marathon – 10.5km; for marathon – 15km or 20km), written on a sticker and sticked on the bottle. For example, 115/15км.
- there are 2 refreshment points for personal products:
- for half-marathon – 10.5km (you pass it 2 times)
- for marathon – 15km (you pass it once) и 20km (you pass it 4 times).
5. Medical care – the medical point is located just behind the finish line. In case of any need, please let a volunteer or other staff member know and she/he will take all necessary measures to provide you with adequate support.
6. Massage – you can reward yourself with a massage after finishing the race.
If you have any queries, please refer to staff member or call the Race Director Stanislav Georgiev (+359.894.539.998).
We wish you have a great race!
Begach Running Club